Total of 4 full-day classes : February 16 March 9 April 13 May 4
Class size is limited to provide an interactive experience and to allow the faculty to be fully available to the attendees.
|ABC of the Carolinas is proud to offer: Blueprint Reading for Construction
Can you read blueprints and interpret how the information applies to the job you are working on? Do you know how to apply the blueprint information towards determining costs for labor and materials? If not, you need to take this course. This Construction Blueprint Reading class covers a foundational skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is not terribly difficult, but it does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
This course is designed to provide knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to the architectural and building industry. It will cover the theory of reading floor plans, section and elevation drawings, foundations, floor plans, elevations, sections, schedules, means, methods, symbols and notations, scaling and dimensioning practices, reading blueprints for structural formation, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing drawings. This instructor-led blueprint reading course is designed to provide you with that foundational knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get you started. Skills taught will help you apply blueprint reading skills toward understanding which trades are responsible for work shown on plans, and preparing accurate forecasts of the materials, labor and costs involved in a project. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and with using blueprints on the job on a regular basis.
The ABC Blueprint Reading for Construction Course was designed by, and specifically for, today's contractors. Owners, project managers, estimators, and any employee involved in construction projects are recommended to attend. Attendees will learn how to utilize and develop tools that will improve their understanding of information provided on Blueprints. This is an interactive course, focused on application. By using the skills taught in the course, attendees will learn the basics of plan Scales, variation in Lines, various Symbols, how to understand Elevations, Sections and Details. Includes instructional material which is an excellent reference and can continually be referred to so important steps in the estimating process aren’t forgotten.
The course will cover the following topics:
• An elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
• Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
• Be able to find trade information using blueprints
• Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
• Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using.
Each participant in the course will receive:
• All written course materials and manuals are provided:
• Comprehensive Student Guide
• Workbook - Including Course Study Guide and Templates
• Certificate of Participation
• 32 Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Hours in Project Management Education
YOU MUST ATTEND ALL CLASSES TO GET FULL CREDIT
The primary objectives include learning:
• Introduction to construction drawings
• Understand architectural and engineering scales, dimension and area drawings
• Underlying principles of basic structure of buildings using commercial and residential drawings
• Blueprint fundamentals
• Distinguish between the different types of drawings
• Learn civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and finish schedules
• Calculations and dimensions
• Understand different drawing types and their usage
• Mechanical drawings
• Architectural drawings
• Civil and site drawings
• Some quantity take-off
• Area calculations
• Know the difference between load and non-load bearing walls
• Follow detailed views from main plan or drawing
• Convert engineering dimensions to architectural
• Know what a floor plan, section, and elevation are
• Understand symbols, notations, abbreviations, and material schedules
• Work with drawings on dimensions, finishes, details
Who should attend:
Estimators, project administrators, administrative personnel, real estate professionals, insurance professionals, interior designers, attorneys, people involved with construction projects, anyone new to construction.
Cancellation Policy: 5 Business Days Prior to Class. If on day of class, no show/ no call the company will be charged with no make-up option