ABC of the Carolinas is proud to offer:
CPM - Construction Project Management
This Project Management Program teaches the fundamental competency skill set of an effective Construction Project Manager. An overall objective is to emphasize the importance of professionalism in supervising construction projects through efficient use of knowledge and applied skills.
"This was an unbelievable class. It's a great mixture between a refreshing course and also an introduction to certain principles required to be successful within this industry for new employees. Great teacher!! Awesome structure!! Recommend it for any company looking to invest in valuable training and supplemental education for employees who want to grow."
Our Project Management is a 4-day, instructor-led, training class designed to introduce participants to the essentials of the project management discipline in a construction environment.
The course structure effectively combines introductory lecture and discussion with hands-on application of useful project management principles, tools, and techniques through applied case study exercises. The course covers the basics of all project management life-cycle processes including: project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and control, and closing.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Project Management Terminology
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Safety Considerations
- Project Construction Documents
- Project Scheduling
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Project Change Control
- Lessons Learned
- Project Organizations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Issue Management & Resolution
- Estimating and Cost Control
- Resource Planning and Control
- Project Risk Management
- Communications Management
- Final Reporting
Each participant in the course will receive:
- Comprehensive Student Guide
- Workbook - Including Course Study Guide and Templates
- Certificate of Participation
- PMP-Certified Instruction
- 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Hours in Project Management Education
The primary objectives include learning how:
- To define and recognize the fundamental terminology of the project management discipline
To identify all process groups of the project management life-cycle
- To prioritize the primary project constraints of a project
- To identify and assess the relative importance of key project stakeholders
- To identify key project deliverables and decompose to build a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- To formulate an activities list required to produce the project’s deliverables and work packages
- To build a project schedule, identify its critical path, and determine relative float/slack for activities
- To identify pertinent roles and responsibilities required to complete the project activities
- To formulate a budget estimate for the project
- To identify key communication elements of a project
- To effectively and more accurately report on a project’s progress, status, and forecast
- To assess key project risks and formulate action plans to minimize their exposure to the project
- To develop and deliver a project summary or final report to key stakeholders
- To learn effective interpersonal skills and effective project communication techniques
- To identify and assess the necessary components of a job site safety and loss prevention program.
All classes will be held from 8am to 5pm in Charlotte, Raleigh, and Columbia.
The course is $1,300 for any ABC Members, $2,300 for non-members.
Class size is limited to provide an interactive experience and to allow the faculty to be fully available to the attendees.WHAT THE SESSIONS WILL OFFERThe ABC Project Management Institute was designed by and specifically for today's contractors. Owners, project managers, estimators, and any employee involved in managing projects are recommended to attend. Attendees will learn how to utilize and develop tools that will improve profitability and productivity as well as increase customer satisfaction.Interactive course focused on application.Class specifically focuses on project management - using real examples and case studies.Participants will obtain management tools that will positively impact their firm.