ASHE Healthcare Construction Workshop - HCC
- A two (2) day on-site seminar
- 1.45 CEUs (equivalent to 14.5 contact hours)
Dubbed "the stamp of approval" by many employers, the ASHE Health Care Construction (HCC) Certificate proves to health care organizations that you have been properly trained to work in a health care construction environment—making you the desirable candidate for the job. The HCC Workshop combines an e-learning program and a two-day seminar that offers education on critical topics in health care construction, including: the health care planning, design, and construction process; Life Safety Code® compliance; construction risk assessment; mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP); medical gas systems; medical technology; communication; and project expectations. You will gain an understanding of the latest compliance issues in health care construction, and learn what owners, staff, and patients expect of constructors working in the healthcare environment.
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction, and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Implement plans for providing a safe health care environment during construction and renovation of health care facilities.
- Identify codes and standards compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction, renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Facilitate and effectively participate in communication with the health care construction or renovation project team and stakeholders
ASHE Certified Healthcare Construction (CHC) Exam Prep
- A one (1) day on-site seminar
- 0.7 CEUs (equivalent to 7 contact hours)
CHCs enjoy the pride and recognition of being among the elite in a critical field of healthcare. Prepare to achieve the next level. Before attaining premier CHC status, you want to ensure that you are adequately prepared for the exam, and this exam prep course is designed to give you the tools for passing the Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Exam. The course provides test taking tips, an overview of key topics, and sample questions identified in the CHC content outline (as listed in the CHC Candidate Handbook). This course will also use interactive polling technology, allowing each participant to answer questions and compare their answer with averages among those in class.
Please note: The workshop fee does not include the CHC exam fee, nor does it register you for the exam. Participation in this program does not guarantee a passing score on the exam. To download the CHC exam handbook or to register to take the CHC Exam, please visit the AHA Certification Center, and download a hard copy of the exam application.
- Apply your knowledge and experience in answering questions.
- Implement suggestions for preparing for the CHC exam.
- Identify the topic areas that are your strengths.
CHC EXAMINATION ADMINISTRATION
AMP Assessment Centers:
The primary mode of delivery of the CHC Examination is via computer at over 200 AMP Assessment Centers geographically distributed throughout the United States and typically located in H&R Block offices. For AMP Assessment Center locations, detailed maps and directions, go to www.AHACertificationCenter.org, click on “CHC” and then on “Testing Centers.” A candidate must make an appointment to take the CHC Examination within ninety (90) days from AMP’s confirmation of the candidate’s certification of eligibility. The CHC Examination is administered by ap-pointment only Monday through Saturday at 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 pm.
|Attend both classes to receive a discount
ABC Members $1,300 - Non Members $2,200
Healthcare Construction & Inspection - NC
This course is designed to improve your knowledge of Healthcare Construction in NC and provide insight into the Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR) inspection process. DHSR staff will be presenting on topics relating to NC Healthcare occupancy licensure rules and regulations.
Healthcare Construction & Inspection - SC
This course is designed to improve your knowledge of Healthcare Construction in SC and provide insight into the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) inspection process. DHEC staff will be presenting on topics relating to SC Healthcare occupancy licensure rules and regulations.